A curry is so versatile and can be made from just about anything. Why not venture away from a vegetable or lentil curry and make a Besan Gatte ki Sabzi (Curry made with gram flour dumplings) or Amrood ki Sabji (Guava Curry) or a Cashew Curry.
If you have never had a cashew curry, you should definitely head into your spice rack and try this delicious rich and creamy flavoured Cashew Curry Recipe.
- Oil & Ghee
- Raw, unsalted, unroasted cashews
- Finely chopped onions
- Finely chopped tomato or tomato puree
- Cinnamon stick,
- Star anise,
- Whole cloves
- Bay leaves
- Cumin seeds
- Red chili powder,
- Coriander Powder
- Ground fennel
- Yogurt (Optional)
- Double Cream
- Sugar (Optional)
- Add 2 teaspoons ghee to a pan and stir fry cashew until the cashews turn light golden brown (estimated time 2-3 minutes). Remove cashews from the pan and place on a plate to be used later.
- Add 1 tablespoon ghee and 1 tablespoon oil on a same pan. Once hot, add cumin seeds, 1 cinnamon stick, 3-4 whole cloves, 1 bay leaf and 1 star anise. Let the spices sizzle for few seconds.
- Add 1-2 teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder and cook for few seconds
- Add the finely chopped onion and stir for around 5-6 minutes.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes or tomato puree. Add coriander powder, fennel powder, salt, sugar if you like little sweetness in your curry and stir, then cover and cook everything until you see some oil oozing from the sides and the middle of the pan, (a sign all the ingredients are cooked).
- Add 3 tablespoons of yogurt and stir continuously until it’s all well combined.
- Add Kasuri Methi and stir.
- Add stir fried cashews and stir well. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Finally add 2 to 3 tablespoons of double cream. Cook for 1 more minute and then turn off heat. Sprinkle cardamom powder on top and enjoy!
This curry goes well with Naan, Chapati or Jeera Rice. We hope you will give this recipe a go and please share your creations with us on Instagram @saddasuperstore to get featured on our profile.